You Are Reading

Saturday 11 February 2012

End of Orientation!

WHAT A CRAZY FUN AND FREAKING TIRING WEEK!!!!!!!!!

The past week of orientation has been so freaking tiring and I actually fell sick in the middle of it! Where do I even begin...

Okay so the last time I blogged it as the end of Matriculation(It was more of an administration Orientation) Day 1 and it was great! and things just got better and better as my matriculation group were so amazing,friendly,bubbly, fun and loving! and hyper too! They were sooo great!! and I had a great time too. We also went to distribute Mass Community Involvement Programme flyers to nearby HDB blocks and on Monday, we went as a group to go collect old newspapers and cardboards for the needy.. and to my surprise, my group was actually quite enthusiastic about it! On the last day of Matriculation I fell sick and like really sick... My temperature was 39.6 degrees and I was sent home..  I really bonded with my group although on the 1st day my co-OGLs Matthew and Jia En were quite upset they were un enthu...but after everything we thought our efforts paid off. That's why I didn't want to move on to the real Orientation which began on Wednesday...We had a whole new group and even my co-OGLs changed and I didn't really want them to be my co-OGLs because they were the really quiet type and me being also a little quiet, was gonna be a problem. The class we got was less hyper than my matriculation group but I worked with it...

Anyway I couldn't talk during the whole first day of Orientation day 1 because my voice hurt so bad. I felt so helpless because when the group was all dull and quiet, I felt like shouting cheers to hype them up but I couldn't and I had to whisper to my co-OGLs just to get them to cheer. I as so upset and angry at both myself and my co-OGLs... and after everything was said and done, during debrief I gave a really short debrief to my group and it was so short they were like 'huh?' and I felt so useless because my voice hurt. I really felt useless and wanted to break down. That night we stayed until 10.30pm just to help out with the setting up of night games station and I was already so sick so the next day I decided to come a little later but I knew part of the reason I wanted to come late was so I didn't have to have awkward quiet moments with my orientation group... I felt like bad Orientation Group Leader but I just rested and I felt more energized... The next day it was orientation camp and I was a little reserved about sleeping over because I KNOW I can never sleep on hard grounds without air-con but I just decided to go for it anyways. The first day was great and I was a night games master but my station was stressful because I had to strain my voice just to tell everyone the rules... Anyway it was tiring but that night, I DID NOT SLEEP AT ALL! I was so friggin tired but I didn't sleep. Instead i Just laid on the floor...

but I had to survive through the camp. The last day was MORE TIRING!! We had mass games and I was a gamemaster and had to stand in the hot sun the whole day!! I got a tanline on my face because I wore glasses...Anyway the finale was amazing and everyone danced their ass off for the school dances! It was really amazing.

PHOTOS....


Mw posing with my co-OGL Jia En in my orange daiso hat

MY MATRICULATION GROUP!!!!!!!!!



 Me & XinYi





This experience really made me a more confident individual and boosted my public speaking ability. I'm really thankful I joined Orientation Group Leaders because it was a memory I would take away for life...




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.