You Are Reading

Monday 19 December 2011

Back from Taiwan!

OMG this trip was so fun but tiring! Bought sooo many nice stuff!
Here's a summary...

Day 1 Taipei

The Flight to Taiwan was at 12pm but we had to check in 2 hrs earlier.Because the interior designer came over to do some last minute confirmation of the design, we didn't get ready to leave until 9:40am.And because my dad didn't book the cab correctly, we waited for 10min before comfort cab called us back to confirm our cab.So we were off to the Airport. When we arrived in Taiwan, it was freaking cold... It was like 6pm and the sun was down and temperature was like 12 degrees...We then went to shop at a night market and I got to try the smelly tofu which I loved and bittergourd juice which was rather nasty...The sad thing abt today was the beggars.I saw sooo many beggars and some did not have hands and legs and were kissing the floor repeatedly for donations.My mom gave him some coins.


Me & my Mom on the plane

Beautiful night market

Their famous bittergourd juice. They mix it with honey so it's really quite nice

Buying my smelly tofu which I REALLY loved! best street dish!!!


Day 2 

Today was also shopping again.Got this fabulous bag at only 16 SGD and some dirty stuff...
LOL look at my mom's face
We were sooo shocked when we saw this. but it was just bread. I got one and ate it...My first dick

Yummm With mustard somemore...

My mom actually allowed me to buy these keychains as souveneirs for my friends!


Day 3

Shopped at a. Street market.I lived the food! Especially the famous 'iron egg' and vegetarian popiahs! We Also took a bullet train to our next destination, Hualien. The night was filled with anger.Because while trying to photograph me and my brother, my dad fell into a pond and got his pants wet(no pun intended) and he was fuming mad and blamed it on me and my brother which got us mad...After that, we went back to the hotel...

Enjoying my century egg and tofu..A local delicacy




Day 4

Freaking tired .Woke up and saw my dark circles got worse...Bad start to the morning.Today was pretty much bland with long bus rides to Taitung.Where there were hot springs.Tried the personal one in our hotel room...Then we released lanterns into the skies with our wishes written on it...
Releasing our lanterns into the sky...
Our lantern was the last to float into the sky which was really scary cause' everyone else's lanterns were already high up in the sky and it'll be so embarrassing if ours was the only that was left on the ground. But luckily after help from people around, it floated slowly into the sky...

Day 5

Fucking tired because I only slept for 3 hours last night.Kept up by my dad's snoring.I was sooo irritated. Swore that I will be sleeping alone today...Today we went to a pearl store and my mum got me some powdered pearl for my insomnia .Apparently it's a cure for that. and then we went to a so called 'cat's nose cliff' where a stone is supposed to look like a rock.Then we took a boat to Sun Moon Lake.Small cozy island with many stores.So we shopped alot...
On the rock cliffs..

 To me it just looked like a rock...

Day 6&7

PLAYED ALOT! Got this crazy nice pair of shoes at a night market and went on nice amusement rides at the Cultural center.Took a rollercoaster and high drop! So fun! and to end off our trip, we visited the observatory in Taipei 1O1! Gorgeous view...

 More and More food!!!



I fell in love with this whole rack of shoe design...

But decided to go with this rainbow coloured pair...

SOOOO NICE I LOVE IT!!!


 
When it dropped it was the scariest 4 seconds of my life...


 The cars really looked like ants...

So that was it. Loved my buys! 

One of the things that pissed me off on this trip was the freaking china tourists. So rude and loud.and they don't brush their teeth.Nasty. When we were taking pictures with a rock they pushed themselves into the frame and when my brother was finished taking his pics, one woman called him a 'xiao gou' meaning small dog in chinese. He was like... 'at least I am a dog I don't eat dogs' lol... yea so that was it...
<3 Lazy Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.