You Are Reading

Saturday 31 December 2011

The struggles beginning 2011

Well, it's about 4 hours before the end of the year and here I am writing a new blog post...I just want to record down the drama which happened at the beginning of the year...I still remember the day of the O level results..I was so nervous.Before the release of the results, I intended to further my education in Anglo-Chinese Junior College...But on the day of the results I knew it was impossible..Because I had gotten 15 points for my L1R5..I was so disappointed because I thought the worst scenario was that I'll get 13 points but I guess I was wrong.I remember my English teacher looking at me saying 'Are you okay? Do you have CCA points to pull you up?' and I just smiled and walked away...People were crying, laughing, cheering but all I could do was to be expressionless... Because although the result were saddening, it wasn't unexpected...So it was time to choose Which school I wanted to go to...and I just put ACJC as my 1st choice(which I totally regret because no one told me that a person who was 7 points above the Cut-Off point would definitely not get in) and being the superficial person I am, i put the other JCs according to their Cut off point for the previous year... On the day of the release of school posting, I was sooo upset that I was posted to Jurong Junior College, a school which didn't even cross my mind...And even worst, I was posted to the science stream! And im totally NOT a science person.So I appealed to other JCs online for fun and even LIED about my results, by taking off 1 point, leaving me with 14 points...And Tampines Junior College called and told me I have been accepted but needed to verify my results, and because I knew my results weren't accurate, I decided to decline.But that really showed how desperate I was to get out of the science stream.In Jurong JC, the cut off point for the arts stream was lower so I couldn't get in... Anyway, I began to appeal to polytechnics as my true. Passion lies in fashion.But the results for that would only be released a month later and I didn't want to deal with the stress of JC life in the science stream.So out of desperation, I appealed to Pioneer Junior College, a college which DID NOT cross my mind at all! I didn't even put it down as any of my choices! Not even considering putting it as my last choice! and you must understand how hard it was to make a transition from an All Boys school to a co-ed school especially one in the Heartlands where many of the students converse in Mandarin(a language which I hated). On the day I appealed, the principal of the school called me down to the school...Which was obvious my appeal was successful...but I wasn't happy one bit.Because I was awaiting the appeal results from other Junior colleges.But I decided to stay in thus school for the time being. I was straight away brought to the orientation where the school was having a mass dance.It was sooo awkward walking across the hall and everyone staring at me..Soon, I made lovely friends and created bonds and connections...it was that which made me love this school so much. A month later, I received my appeal results to the fashion course in Temasek Polytechnic and it was successful...Damn...I thought to myself..'After all that trouble I still have to go through another Dilemma' to stay in the college or to go to polytechnic...But because of the bonds and friendships I made in Pioneer Junior College, I decided to remain there...But the first three months there were super tough.




People found me weird,eccentric and i was outcastes.I gave compliments to girls and used cheesy pick up lines to make friends and people thought I was some kind of pervert.Everyone in m class gossiped behind my back and I was their cheap entertainment...But I found people who understood me in my Art Class. Everyone seemed to appreciate differences.It was my refuge..I always stayed in the artroom during recess and painted and drew...


Fastforward 7 months later..People in my class seem to understand me more and respect my personality.And to think the school that wasn't even on my mind would be a school I am now proud of. And to even become an Orientation Group Leader for 2012's batch would never have crossed my mind...


It's been one hell of a year!


Lazy Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.