You Are Reading

Sunday 8 April 2012

Beauty In The Cemetery

In the Singaporean-Buddhist culture, we have a yearly event called 'Chng Ming' which translates to 'clearing the grave' in English. We don't literally 'clear' the grave but instead, we visit our late relatives and pay our respects. Although I don't really believe in my parents' faith (or any other for that matte) I respect their culture and wanted to visit my late relatives anyway. Anyway, it was a really long day of walking around the graveyard and even faced a heavy downpour! I found solace in snapping pictures around the cemetery since the whole atmosphere there was really serene and tranquil, ironically, seeing that it's a place of death. Anyway check out the images I captured on my phone...


A chinese talisman





Getting ready to burn the 'money' to our dead relatives...

 

My late grandpa












A lion statue





I though this shot was really beautiful because it looked like a rose made out of ash...













After all was said and done...







 









After the visit to the cemetery, we decided to go to Jurong Point and have japanese food at...

.
.
.
.
.
.



Delicious soba noodles!


Advocado seaweed wrap

The dinner was amazing! But the we queued for about half an hour just to get in so it was expected.Overall it was a really tiring but great day. A nice family outing, meal and cultural re-visitation...

 

Lazy Leon





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.