You Are Reading

Friday 6 April 2012

Good Friday


Ahh… Finally the holidays are here. Okay well, it’s just a 3 day break but thank go d for Good Friday ( See what I did there) .I'm actually relieved that Good Friday is here because I have a day off from EVERYTHING. I woke up to a heavy downpour this Friday and had 11 hours of sleep.. How wonderful. Compared to the mere 4 hours I usually have on weekdays…Anyway, there’s been some drama in my family because my parents are feuding with my uncle ( dad’s brother ) because when my grandmother died 4 years ago, she left behind a house which would be shared amongst my dad and his siblings. But now, my uncle wants to buy it at a price of 1.6 million SGD but that was the official evaluated price 6 months ago. And my parents want him to get the house’s price re-evaluated since the housing market would have probably gone up but my uncle refused to and insists on buying it at 1.6million although the estimated price of it could well be over 1.8 million SGD. My parents actually have no problems selling him the house at 1.6million SGD, they just feel its unfair since TWO of the 5 siblings live overseas and may not be familiar with the housing market here in Singapore and they might be willing to sell the house without knowing of the true value of that house. So anyway, now my parents are having lots of calls, emails and texting with my uncle and it’s really going back and forth and not going anywhere. I’ve always grown up in a peaceful, feud free family with all my relatives getting along fine and this is kind of the first I’ve experienced so I’m really not looking forward to the next family gathering because it’s going to be sooo awkward…

On a side note, I can’t wait to get started on my art today and the coming weekend! Oh and Titanic 3D is out! I can't wait to watch it with my family!



Lazy Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.