You Are Reading

Saturday 10 March 2012

Cluster exhibition & movie

Today we had our art exam paper in the morning! The paper was okay, and the questions were predictable. But the problem was I didn't study -_-... Anyway I always believed the saying 'Begin with the end in mind'.. So I began the paper thinking of the School March Holidays ahead of me... and just did it with passion...(such bullshit). Anyway, after the paper we had to rush down to a W2 Art Cluster Exhibition held at the Jurong East Library where the different arts culture societies from different schools (Secondary and Junior Colleges) come together to sowcase the arts scene in Singapore. I was quite excited because everyone's artworks for their final promotional piece were to be showcased in the library.I felt a little aprehensive about my art work being showcased because I knew I didn't put much effort into it and was not really proud of it. But when I saw it being hung on the wall I was really excited... Oh Yea! I Was also an usher in the exhibiton and I dressed in my cool blazer and walked around the library with swag but I had to stand at the entrance for 40minutes greeting people entering... After the exhibition, some of us(Natalie,Mabel,Davin and Joy) decided to watch a movie at Vivo City and we watched 'Man On A Ledge'...Anyway, back to rushing for my studies and my preparatory boards for art and the upcoming exams after the holidays! But I plan to slack the first few days to watch Desperate Housewives and 90210 anyway... Time to sleep! Nights!


Title : Red Strings
My artwork on display...


My Artist Statement :
'I wanted to capture the intense grief and pain inflicted upon myself at a period of my life. How a simple facial expression could reveal a person's deepest emotions. It was the blessing of the people around me who kept my life together, although the scars remain. It was through this experience that I learnt the strength of blood ties and no matter what, you can always count on family for support just like how the red threads show how a single string is all you need even when you're torn apart.'

Basically if you read my previous blog posts from about 2 years ago, you would have known I've undergone intense stress which led to me hurting myself... It was that which inspired this work...




Camwhoring while no one's looking...




Looking fiiiine in a blazer... 



 Lazy Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.