You Are Reading

Thursday 15 March 2012

New Spectacles!





I am so happy! Two days ago I was researching on vintage spectacle stores in Singapore ( Because all the modern eyewear outlets don’t offer retro/vintage designs) and I found out there’s a store which sells vintage spectacles down the road of my house! It’ scalled Lim Kay Khee Eyewear and it was sooo amazing. They were even in the newspapers! The store was already freaking vintage to begin with. The tables were all wooden, the workers there were all family and they claimed that all the old designs were authentic vintage and were leftover stock from the 60s and 70s! So lucky! But the authentic vintage were really expensive like over 200 so I decided to get a plastic + metal frame. I think it’s called the browline spectacles. When I got my eye checked, it was such a contrast to previous eye checks. Their seats were metal with leather cushioning, the alphabets on the screen was on an old light box and the lady used a long wooden ruler to point out the letters! In the past few years, it’s been laser pointer and projector to test my eyesight! SOoo vintage.
My glasses were actually sunglasses but I asked the lady if I could replace the black lens with clear lens and they said can! =D
Anyway check it out!


Newspaper Clippings :












ME :




If you want to get some vintage spectacles too, then here’s the address :
Tel: 62564635

Lazy Leon

2 comments:

  1. Nice collection! Your blog is very nice and interesting to all.Thanks for giving us this useful information.

    eye care store | optical shop singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. Men Jeans
    Spectacles

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.