You Are Reading

Thursday 8 September 2011

What do you do when you get mad?

S
ome people scream, some people exercise and others blog. For me, I have a mix of everything.If you had read some blog posts in the past, you would know that I used to cut myself to relief pain,stress or anger.But now,I found a much better way of releasing my anger towards something : Painting. But not just any type of painting, it's a style with lots of emotion in it called 'Expressive Painting' . Call me weird,but this is one of the most cathartic methods of releasing stress I have ever tried! Okay so a few days ago, I quarrelled with my mom because she didn't understand why I did the things I do (e.g wanting to be an individual by dressing up however I want to and wearing outrageous outfits) and even blamed my friends as influences and wanted me to stop seeing them. Angry, I decided to unleash my rage on the wall of my small little 200 square feet room... and left a post-it note on the wall saying 'Dear Mom,I'm not trying to hurt you,I was just releasing my anger'' The result was this :
 

 
 
I just dripped magenta acrylic paint and just scratched and attacked my wall like a madman. Strangely enough, I felt great after that...Although my heart was still racing and I was sweating like a dog( Just an analogy), I felt relieved. I'm not encouraging you guys to go all rampagy on your room but I was just sharing my personal experience...
Okay so you want to know how my mom reacted to this. She was quite mad at first but after she saw the note she calmed down a little. I told her that this was a great way for me to express my anger and she mellowed down a little. I agreed that I would paint over the wall to cover it up because she,being an auspicious person, didn't want the room looking like a murder scene. So I'm gonna re-paint my wall,but I assured my mom that the wall would definately be ruined again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.